A small modular reactor programme with fully digitised delivery
The Client’s challenges
As an essentially new business, the client required PMO processes, procedures, and reporting strategies to be developed.
These were set up from scratch in addition to the technology to support implementation, to effectively support the project from preliminary concept design through to the construction of a “first of a kind” power plant.
We led the development and management of the overall master schedule in P6.
We also developed standardised coding systems, processes and procedures, centred around cloud technologies and data analytics using Power BI and bespoke tools. To develop an outline roadmap to achieve 5D capability, this schedule was linked to a 3D model to demonstrate how we could automate updates of cost and duration as the design develops, exploring the use of both Navisworks and Synchro.
Outcomes for the Client
Provided vital support to the management of the programme, by providing key information to enable optimisation of the overall process within investment constraints. Including:
- Extensive reporting provides actionable insights at project, department, and board level on programme status, underpinned by project data with minimal manual data handling, to enable data-driven decision making.
- Improved communication by having a fully integrated programme bringing together plans from multiple consortium partners in a standardised and controlled manner.
- Identified key interfaces between over 75 individual programmes of work to ensure the correct information is provided at the right point in the programme.
- Visibility of budget, broken down by work packages and project partners.
- Clear processes and procedures to allow a solid foundation for the PMO to operate.